I am currently exclusively recruiting for a temporary Systems Accountant role that will last for an initial 6 months based on the Kent/Surrey border.
A long-established SME on the Kent/Surrey border is seeking to review and improve its whole business process cycle (from early business development CRM, through contracts, business service delivery to H.R. to accounting to reporting) as a result of recent growth and plans for significant further growth in the coming years. The review is to be centred on (and driven by) accounting and finance requirements but it will encompass and add benefit to the whole organisation.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify, evaluate and document needs across the business against current systems and processes to define the scope of the project and ensure it is realistic and deliverable.
- Research, design and recommend specific system and process changes, identifying risks throughout (so they are known and can be either accepted or mitigated) and ensuring that strategic objectives remain front and centre.
- Plan and implement such changes, providing direct staff training, materials and all necessary assistance.
The desired outcomes of the project are to:
- Have in place a budgeting, accounting and reporting system that is fit for purpose (good information in allows for good information out).
- Provide management and staff with useful, relevant, timely and accurate information, data analysis and KPI's, in real-time where possible, possibly drawn from multiple systems.
- Ensure sales, purchasing, accounting, cash, H.R. and reporting processes are robust, controlled and efficient, and are user-friendly for non-accounting staff and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the interaction or integration of different systems and information flows are highly controlled and well understood.
- Ensure there is a business-wide high-level understanding of how all authorities, processes and systems have been set up and are being used so that there is a clear and known allocation of responsibility throughout.
- Set up an annual workflow / review / mini-internal audit cycle such that problem areas (or where processes are not working) can be identified.
- Transfer knowledge to each relevant area of the business to allow them to take on the responsibility for systems and processes going forward.
- Keep within budget and timeframes set.
- An accounting qualification and 5+ years of PQE.
- Experience of similar projects in other, typically larger organisations.
- An acutely practical, pragmatic and commercial mindset having had significant exposure to commercial operations in past roles.
- A relaxed ability to get on with everyone, listen and quickly gain respect.
- An energetic, logical and organised manner and a proven ability and resilience to see things through to conclusion.
- Demonstrable experience of single-handedly driving change in an organisation, getting people on-side and leading from the front.
- Experience and skills to identify and define what best practice looks like in our company across the many areas under review and to define and implement new and relevant KPI's.
- Excellent business writing and business process mapping skills.
- An ability to quickly understand the company's history and culture and to work with it, moulding it and shaping it, and for any changes to be made in an effective yet sensitive manner.
- £200 - £250 per day