Finance Manager, Energy - Maternity Cover
We are looking for an experienced finance manager to manage funds invested in energy generating assets valued in excess of £2.7Bn. The operational activities include solar power parks, wind farms, gas fired generators (also called Reserve Power, RP) and biomass and landfill gas projects as well as anaerobic digestion systems (AD). The Funds invested are a mix of Octopus managed retail products (EIS, VCT, ITS), institutional fund LPs and project finance from a range of banks.
The role is a member of the Octopus Energy Asset Management (OEAM) team within the Octopus Energy Investments (OEI) department. The underlying investments, in c.300 energy generating companies, are managed by specialist teams within OEAM who focus on driving performance from the underlying assets and manage the finances at SPV level. The Finance Manager, who forms part of the Portfolio Management team, manages an accountant to deliver the Fund level accounting and cash management, in particular for institutional funds.
Whilst the role’s primary focus is Institutional investors, the Finance Manager supports all aspects of portfolio management for all clients of OEAM with a particular focus on financial management and reporting.
- Financial management of the funds
- Fund accounting
- Fund forecasting
- Manage all distributions and capital movements
- Direct financial policies, budgets and audit processes for underlying investments, working closely with the operational teams on delivery
- Support the quarterly portfolio valuations process, working closely with the operational teams on delivery and owning the final reports
- Support the optimisation of fund structures, minimising tax leakage and costs
- Investor relations
- Responding to investor questions or concerns related to finances within the Energy portfolio
- Ensuring reports and financial information are relevant, accurate, and timely and continually improve.
- Attend Board meetings and Committees as required
- Support any client related initiatives
- Fundraising and on-boarding
- Support Fundraising as necessary
- Oversee the financial onboarding of new Funds and Assets, including forecasting and ensuring adequate and competent resource is in place
- Support transaction due diligence as needed
- Support any pre or post acquisition restructurings that may be needed
We are looking for an experienced accountant (PQE 7+ years) with experience working with institutional investors, preferably in infrastructure. They will be a good people manager and have a proven ability to manage and influence a wide range of stakeholders. They will be organised, plan ahead and be comfortable delivering accurate information to tight deadlines. They will be passionate about detail, digging into information received and taking accountability for the accuracy and quality of their reports. They will thrive in fast moving and growing business – continually improving the systems, processes and the quality of deliverables.