Interim Finance Director Healthcare
My client provides first class independent health care and is currently looking to hire an Interim Head of Finance/Interim Hospital CFO for a minimum of 9 - 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
As the Interim CFO of this Private Hospital, you will be responsible for working with the Managing Director in ensuring that all development opportunities are maximised and to ensure delivery on costs initiatives and revenue maximisation.
You will have proven experience of supporting and leading finance functions within Private Hospitals and/or across the healthcare industry.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Oversee and control the financial and administration processes of the business - To ensure that efficient processes are in place, that the organisation of the finance team is appropriate; and that cost efficiency, revenue recovery and cash collection are maximised. Identify business trends, process improvements and provide a comprehensive analysis of the business on a regular basis.
* Support the Managing Director in the achievement of the business plan and budget for the business.
* Prepare and review the monthly management accounts and analyse for the Senior Management Team (SMT) identifying any issues and trends that are affecting the business in a positive or negative manner.
* Produce monthly information for SMT which provides explanations on the business performance compared to budget and the previous year and advise on performance improvement opportunities.
* Ensure that the Finance team is managed effectively and that they are meeting targets that have been identified e.g KPIs, staff appraisals.
* Review current systems and processes in order to ensure that they are operating effectively and are fit for purpose particularly in relation to NHS activity, and if appropriate introduce more efficient processes.
* Provide support for revenue capture initiatives and ensure compliance with agreed recommendations and actions
* Review debtor, stock and creditor accounts/ledgers to ensure targets are being met and cash flow is maximised
* Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that there is appropriate review. Ensure that issues are resolved on a timely basis.
* Investigation and reporting, on an ad hoc basis, of projects with a view to cost savings, efficiency improvements or increased revenue generation.
* Review/monitor all capital expenditure proposals and assess performance against assumptions at post investment reviews
* Attend monthly reviews of departmental Profit and Loss accounts with Head of Department. Provide advice and analysis to HoDs to ensure that they understand the departmental accounts and the impact of actions on the departmental results.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Good accounting skills and the ability to interpret results and provide relevant and focused feedback to Senior Management
- Previous experience within a private hospital - leading/supporting the finance function and senior management teams
- Good IT skills in all finance applications, as well as in Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Able to communicate effectively in writing, through numeric and statistical presentation and verbally
- Ability to work on multiple complex tasks simultaneously and produce high quality work within tight deadlines and within resource constraints
- Ability to create and develop effective working relationships within multi-disciplinary teams and to communicate financial information to non-financial staff
- At least 3 years' experience in a senior finance role
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial information including management accounts, budgets, forecasts and ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Experience in preparing business cases to support new service lines or capital spend, and to prepare post investment reviews
- Experience in management and development of a finance team