Associate, Financial Accounting
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Interim or Contract
This is a Short Term Contract looking for an ASAP start until end of February 2018.
Responsible for the accurate maintenance of financial records for both the Bank and the Donor Funds which the Bank administrates, the successful candidate will also assist in implementing the accounting policies of the Bank in line with relevant reporting standards, and ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of departments within the Bank toand the successful candidate is also expected to respond to enquiries from internal and external auditors on areas of work for which he/she is responsible.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Prepares sections of the year-end financial statements with all required disclosures and notes accurately and to a tight deadline
- Assesses the impact of the latest IFRS accounting standards on EBRD/Donor Funds’ financial statements to ensure compliance
- Ensures the accounting policies of the Bank/Donor Funds are up-to-date and consistent with IFRS
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data in accordance with established procedure to identify and quantify potential accounting postings required
- Maintains the accounting and reporting systems, files and other records required for the Bank and Donor Funds to ensure accurate and timely information
- Reviews transactions booked in front office systems and posted to the accounting systems for accuracy and appropriateness
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
- Provides advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Contributes to the development of procedures to ensure the accounting department best responds to the needs of the Bank/Donors
- Review and sign off of team members’ journals to ensure accuracy
- Supervises and trains new team members and year end temporary staff to create a team that is capable of meeting its objectives
- Produces work in compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to queries
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Significant relevant accounting experience
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Fully competent in own practise area
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, Frameworks, SAP R3 and SAP AFI systems
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.