Temporary Tax Accountant
Working for an Investment Bank this is an excellent opportunity to join the Tax division on a temporary basis for initially 3 months. You will assist with the preparation of Tax returns for UK companies and business partner with the wider finance team and other internal stakeholders.
You will be a either Qualified Accountant or have the relevant Tax and controls experience in Financial Services to add value from the outset.
Key duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of Tax returns for UK companies
- Preparation of accounting journals and monthly reconciliation of tax accounts
- Preparation of year end corporation Tax and deferred Tax provisions for statutory accounts
- Understanding of UK Bank levy calculations
- Manage and update corporation tax procedures.
- Identification and improvement of internal controls
- To assist the Head of Tax to automate processes
- Provide timely support to other back office functions
- Build relationships with the wider Finance team and internal stakeholders, such as HR, Compliance, Accounts Payable and Operations
- Provide assistance for reviews by internal audit and HMRC and any other regulatory bodies.
- To assist the Head of Tax to ensure that the Bank is fully compliant with its FATCA and CRM filing obligations
You must be a Qualified Accountant or QBE who has gained experience of financial accounting and corporation tax and VAT return preparation tax relevant to banking, acquired either through public practice or through work within a Financial Services. You will also have a good general knowledge of UK VAT partial exemption methods, reverse charge accounting and of cost allocation methodologies.